Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to School

My neighbor Becky, and I, started the little horses back to school on Sunday. We were just horsin' around--pardon the pun--and seeing if we could get them to follow commands. Since they are my aunt's horses, and I didn't grow up around them, I didn't know what they could do. And frankly, I really don't know the extent of horse training; it's not quite like dog training. Some principles are the same, but instead of training a predator, one is training a prey animal. That throws a monkey wrench into my thought processes...no really, it feels like someone's throwing a wrench at my head sometimes when trying to "communicate" with horses. I guess a wrench is better than a hoof up side the head.

Becky and the boys in "school"



Me, clumsily asking Shaq to circle--I'm getting better--and Shaq
already knows how to do this. He's adorable when he trots. Assel is peering into the barn
wondering if he is next...he was.


Assel taking his sweet time to walk a circle


No comments:

Post a Comment