Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dear Bethenny Frankel,

One of the celebrities I really do enjoy following, Bethenny Frankel, has a link on her new TV show website asking women to share their daily life story with her. It is a contest to see who she will trade places with for a day. Can you imagine Bethenny Frankel in my barn milking a goat? Can you imagine me in New York City? How awesome! So, I entered the letter below (it had to be 1500 characters or less), and submitted a photo, which was also required:

Dear Bethenny,

While watching your amazing adventures, I’ve had several of my own, including expansion on an already overwhelming “petting zoo.”

In addition to 5 adopted dogs we have obtained 4 goats, a Mini Horse, a llama, and 3 barn kittens…I think that’s all. Oh! According to my father, Farmer Ron, he’s bringing over a Jersey calf next week for me to “take care of.” Does this mean that I will be fattening up the calf to eventually end up eating it, or am I going to be milking this animal next year too? I will spend the next 5 days researching the care and feeding of a Jersey! That is, of course, between barn chores and milking the 2 female goats.

In addition, I work full time as a technical editor/proposal assistant for a business technology company in Madison, WI, 70 miles from my house. On days that I don’t work from home, I get up two hours early to jump into office attire and drive in to the city to sit in a cubicle. This is very different from my “home job,” where insulated overalls and rain boots are in style.

I know nothing about business-or technology-but I do love shoveling horse poop in the barn-it’s cathartic. I also fancy myself an amateur writer; and, if my “job-job”and my “home-job” weren’t quite so ambitious, I’d have time to write again. Farming and writing are my passions and I want to do more of both. The way I see it, you probably need an extra blogger or writer, and I need a ranch hand: you willing to give it a try?






No comments:

Post a Comment