Thursday, February 17, 2011

Loki H. Gets A Checkup

Loki and his sister Lily went to the doctor for a checkup today. I have been hesitant to take The Littles to the vet since we moved here. I was under the false assumption that these country vets would only be used to seeing cows and horses and cattle dogs. Apparently, there are other rural dwellers that cohabitate with ankle biters. Frankly, I thought we owned them all--there's so many of them running around my kitchen! I guess four isn't such a large number, considering there were five--talk about excessive fur. Speaking of numbers, a certain fluffy white Shit-huahua got on the scale in his exam room and weighed "666." I am NOT kidding! Bill and I had Loki on the "baby" scale--you know dogs under a certain weight can't stand on the big boy scale--and just shook our heads when "6.66" showed up on the digital screen. As if we didn't know Loki carried the mark of the devil. (Evidenced below):



Our vet--Dr. B at the Spring Green Animal Hospital--was not only great with the two littlest family members, but he looked like he was having a great time with them. Chihuahuas are notoriously scary but our vet grabbed 'em by the ears and dove right in! Go Dr. B! (Once I've obtained his permission, by the way, you will see a big plug and a Web site link to our wonderful vet clinic. Or, they could be completely embarrassed to be associated with the blog or the crazy Chihuahua owner that harrasses them for dog treats every few weeks).

Aren't these two of the cutest guys you've ever seen? Loki's getting his heart murmur checked out here:


Psst...mom! I think he touched me...


"Hmm, yes doctor, I hear it too..."

1 comment:

  1. Great photos. Barkley goes to the dog groomer once a year for an official non pond bath. The last time I took him, he was up to 82 pounds and full of the devil. The little gal and her assistant, with a new business were happy to see him. When I came back a couple of hours later, there was water everywhere, both of them looked like they'd come from a 12 hour shift at the corner of 5th and Devine and Barkley was clean, tired and very happy. The groomer, soaking wet and very tired said. Miss, we really like him, we like making money, but please don't bring him back. I paid them double and honored that request, next time I'll get a large tub and three large men and see if we can do it at home.

    ReplyDelete