Monday, January 16, 2012

The Big 3-6!

Thank you so much to my wonderful husband who single handedly organized a huge surprise birthday party for me on Saturday. It was perfect. My mom flew in from Tucson as part of the surprise! Seneca and my mom drew straws as to who got to come up from Tucson (someone's got to stay and man the fort).

Farmer Ron not only led his traditional birthday rendition to me--while Bill had me blindfolded with a stocking cap-- my mom's voice then chimed in and I had no idea what was going on....Then, a lot of other voices started singing and I was really confused!

Farmer Ron also grilled burgers and dogs on our snowy deck in 20-degree weather (priceless) in short sleeves. All of my friends who were "horse people" went out with me to play in the barn and see Jelly, the wonder horse. Friends from all walks of my life were there and it was amazing. Mr. H even had friends from long ago and the present write short little vignettes of their memories of me. Hysterical and quite touching at the same time!

And to all of my friends who have been lying to me for the past few weeks: I love you.


Do the rest of you see an inordinate amount of squirrel cards as well?
That was Seneca's doing: the theme was "nuts." Hee hee

1 comment:

  1. I hope you liked my present... the video of your wedding jump! I think it's "lost" somewhere. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete