Monday, October 10, 2011

Indian Summer on The Farmette


Stormy, our boarder, has taken to the goats and of course the goats will play with anyone! They sleep separately, but get to frolic with each other all day long. No one seems to mind. Storm Trooper showed up to eat our pastures and gain some weight for the upcoming winter: he's gained weight but he needs more cheese curds if he's to survive this winter.



I was definitely not expecting this huge tongue up my nose as G-man and I walked down the road in the fallen leaves. I'm just hugely thankful that I haven't witnessed any rodent capture on this tongue in the last few days so his kiss was relatively "clean."





I am not going to mention any names, but check out this piece of art and gravity-defying structural wonderment! A certain farmer (Ron) came by to help Mr. H with firewood and brought a splitter, setting in a mule (6-wheeler), riding on top of a pick up truck. Have you ever seen anything like this-- well, except for in those email forwards about redneck ingenuity? Priceless.

I also can't fathom how one man got all of these things stacked up onto a truck. There's only one other guy I know who could actually pull off something like this...and he helped Farmer Ron with firewood today.

No comments:

Post a Comment