Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Same Walk, Different Woods

The white Husky and I have already established ourselves in the woods behind our new house. Though Gunnar is the only one that has marked this territory, officially, he's dragged me across enough branches and trees that my scent--and a little skin-- is there too.

Today we scared a small herd of deer out of the shelter of our northern section of land and I scurried Gunnar back toward the house before he looked up and saw the four white tails in front of us. We then resumed hunting mice in the front paddocks but not before he rolled briefly in a small dead animal. I pay a lot more attention to what he does, and rolls in, now that he is a house dog. Luckily, he is not a "bed" dog; he sleeps on a blanket on the floor on Mr. H's side of the bed. But still...



Nosey



Prettiest boy ever...





.

No comments:

Post a Comment