Saturday, December 31, 2011

Barn Beginnings

Except for the first week we lived here, in which we put Beatrice the Amish goat, Peaches and her pal Chewy (Chewcifer-Lucifer) in the barn due to lack of fencing out of doors, the barn hasn't been used too much. And I might add, it's a lot cleaner since those three goats are on winter vacation. The girls are at Farmer Ron's becoming pregnant does (the intact male goats--bucks--stink, so I'm happy to let them stay there for a while), and Chewy had to go along because Peaches is his best friend and they are each lost without the other.

I finally swept and moved the barn items from the garage to my little tack room, which is completely adorable, and now I have my own tiny room for barn animal stuff. I use the term "tack room" loosely, because it's not like we have a full horse operation in this joint. The big beautiful barn used to house gorgeous draft horses (Percherons, I think); now, it will have a couple of goats and a very fuzzy Miniature Horse that might actually be a tiny buffalo. I'll check and get back to you.


Inside the tack room



A real, live barn stall complete with hay and goat feeder



Aisle View



Thus concludes this tour of the barn...and if anyone knows how to work an outdoor automated waterer, you just feel free to call me up. The manual is around here somewhere.....

No comments:

Post a Comment