Sunday, December 12, 2010

Breakfast Lasagna--Order UP!

After my early morning adventure shoveling--five times, due to blowing snow--I decided to make coffee and get the day started. Remember, Bill is still sleeping at this point, but the kids and I have an agenda so we start banging pots and pans around in the kitchen because we are making two lasagnas and two breakfast casseroles today. I wanted to be stocked up for the week; or, in case we get snowed in completely!

An hour later lasagnas are baking and Mr. H strolls into the kitchen where I beg him to go up to the barn and feed Gunnar and stock Old Man Taylor with wood. This is very strange because I always (always) do the morning chores up there and this morning I just can't: I can't leave Wulf and Talon in charge of the oven, although they are being very attentive to what is going on. And, I'm pretty sure after six years, Talon can execute a perfect lasagna from watching me do it so many times.

Bill is gracious enough to help out up the hill and feeds the big White Husky while I finish cooking. I told him I would walk Gunnar after having breakfast, which in this case is a huge piece of lasagna. I love dinner food for breakfast, but what I'm worried about is the end result when running up the hill with Gunnar in knee-deep snow. Full stomach + extreme exercise = order up, and not in a good way!

Luckily, breakfast was fine and we had a great romp through the snow; I did, however, leave a lung next to the large birch tree that touches the electric horse fence. Side note: I'm so glad that fence is not turned on right now as I collapsed right on it while trying to catch my breath! G-man also put his nose --and tongue-- on the fence. (I do not want to be there the first time we fire that fence up and he gets jolted!).
It is very beautiful out here in our neighborhood with everything covered with snow. Thankfully, not everything is covered with snow: our neighbor Rich --my hero previously mentioned-- came by to plow us out, or we would not be going anywhere tomorrow morning.

As promised, Gunnar and I head up the hill for some exercise:
The picture of us above is on the down side of the hill. Everyone looks happy and breathing easy...it's a facade. And, I had no idea Mr. H was capturing these candid moments.



 Listen here, Gunnar, let's have a talk. Mommy can't go any further, so we are just going to wait here for a while until I stop coughing up blood:


Okay, Gunnar, I'm gonna stay here and you go get Daddy. Go get help...I can't go on....

What did she say????

Is my mother outside with that big stupid kid again?!!!?


Get away from my mother!!!!


Whoa--this is deep!!! Dad! Come get me!


I'm headed back...my wiener's frozen.




1 comment: