Sunday, December 12, 2010

Grillin' Time

I only have one picture to accompany this post today because I figured a mental image would be more than enough. Besides, if photographs repel your audience, there won't be much of an audience left to read the content.

I knew this was coming because I had kept my eye on the weather forecast all day yesterday and was looking forward to the snowstorm that we were expecting...and we got one! Hoping that the kids would stay asleep until at least 6am, I wondered how much snow would be piled up on the patio when they had to be let out in the morning.  I was prepared: I had my back-up snow boots right outside the bedroom--yes, I have a "back-up" pair of snow boots. This way, I could jump in the boots (in my pajamas) and race to the door, grab a shovel and make a trail through the snow before the dogs could lose their nerve.

The dogs and I really gave it the old college try. Keep in mind that Bill is sleeping the ENTIRE time that I am outside in this get up, shoveling snow. I was in a fleece sweatshirt and --wait for it-- my polar bear print pajama pants. Yes, I was in black pj's with polar bears and Christmas trees on them, big brown snow boots and gloves. Oh! How could I forget--I had the black Cousin Eddie hat on too!

Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment