Friday, December 24, 2010

The Twelve Days of Tucson

Here's a little auld lang syne for you, written last year while still living in Arizona.

"(Sing it to the tune of "The Twelve Days of Christmas."  I know, it’s a stretch.):

On the first day in Tucson I walked along and saw… a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail.
On the second day in Tucson I walked along and saw 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail…
On the third day in Tucson I walked along and saw 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail…
On the fourth day in Tucson I walked along and saw 4 red ant hills, 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail.
On the fifth day in Tucson I walked along and saw 5 Rattlesnakes!!!   4 red ant hills, 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail.
On the sixth day in Tucson I walked along and saw 6 baby quail, 5 Rattlesnakes!! 4 red ant hills, 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail.
On the seventh day in Tucson I walked along and saw 7 Javelinas, 6 baby quail, 5 Rattlesnakes!!  4 red ant hills, 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail.
On the eighth day in Tucson I walked along and saw 8 creepy lizards, 7 javelinas, 6 baby quail, 5 Rattlesnakes!!  4 red ant hills, 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail.
On the ninth day in Tucson I walked along and saw 9 empty Bud cans, 8 creepy lizards, 7 javelinas, 6 baby quail, 5 Rattlesnakes!!  4 red ant hills, 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail.
On the tenth day in Tucson I walked along and saw 10 little burros, 9 empty Bud cans, 8 creepy lizards, 7 javelinas, 6 baby quail, 5 Rattlesnakes!! 4 red ant hills, 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail.
On the eleventh day in Tucson I walked along and saw 11 vultures circling (me), 10 little burros, 9 empty Bud cans, 8 creepy lizards, 7 javelinas, 6 baby quail, 5 Rattlesnakes!!  4 red ant hills, 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail.
On the twelfth day in Tucson I walked along and saw 12 Border Agents, 11 vultures circling (me), 10 little burros, 9 empty Bud cans, 8 creepy lizards, 7 javelinas, 6 baby quail, 5 Rattlesnakes!!  4 red ant hills, 3 ground squirrels, 2 brown coyotes, and a scorpion hanging from Loki’s tail!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment