Thursday, May 24, 2012

Griswold Family Vacation: Wally World or Bust!

I've been sittin' on this one a long time but thought I'd start the ball rolling, as we are less than an hour from departure...

Some of you are already aware that Mr. H and I are headed to Arizona and back over the next five days to retrieve the rest of our belongings at the little Tucson hacienda. We are also going to detour about 800 miles to try to visit the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore and more. Because...

We will be accompanied by our two young Amish friends, William and Martha, a newlyweds married less than a year.

Obviously there will be no pictures of them posted here, as the Amish don't like having their picture taken, on a matter of the "graven image" principle.

Off we go in our big pickup truck, and Lily--Mr. H's little Chihuahua--and a bunch of snacks. We can't listen to the radio with them in the truck so I've loaded my Kindle full of inappropriate music, as has Bill on his MP3 player, iPod thingy.

I'm on my way to load up the truck and hopefully will keep everyone posted on our adventures with the Amish! Maybe even some really cool photos of National landmarks.

We are also participating in what I like to call the Relay for Wife: I've asked a couple of my friends who are along our journey to stop off and have a cup of coffee with me. One of which is a dear friend from Arizona: a fiery little redhead who is now back on her family ranch in Idaho.  And, my Dr. Coyote: an eccentric little hippie who I met when he was one of my professors at Northern Arizona University.

This jaunt is called the Relay for Wife because Mr. H is always saying, "Happy Wife, Happy Life," and if I don't have coffee (or sleep...or food), there's usually trouble. So, the first annual Relay for Wife is set and 30 minutes (I've been running around while trying to post this) from commencement.

Bon Voyage!....er.....

No comments:

Post a Comment