Monday, May 14, 2012

Small Scale Straw Bale Monday Morning Mayhem

5a.m. I staggered into the barn to feed the ladies and check on the kid goats. An immediate head count proved to be lacking one small black boy: Buck was hiding. I fed Peaches and Bea and then continued looking for Buck. The barn is absolutely inescapable for a kid goat – any and all escape routes have been nailed shut. I knew he had to be there, but was worried about what condition he might be in if he isn’t answering my calls, or his mother’s. Peaches was a bit anxious and calling for him too. With both of us searching for him, Buck should have been found in no time!

Ten long minutes later, I round a corner with a little cubby between the barn wall and one of the stalls. Buck is silently standing there, looking up at me and his mother. On a time crunch to get back in the house and get ready for work, I told Buck his T.V. privileges were taken away for the day for the extra grief that he caused me and Peaches.

 He spent the rest of his day on top of a straw bale trying to figure out the many ways to jump off…and back on…and off…the fibrous jungle gym.


No comments:

Post a Comment