Friday, September 24, 2010

Dangerous Minds

It's extremely hard to read and grade papers when one's office is in the living room.  This post is probably connected to the last one and instead of Loki's plea, it's mine. I need office furniture for my "quiet room!" Arrghh. Constant interruptions from Bill or the dogs, and of course my own inattention due to email and the television and any shiny object, prevent me from accomplishing as much as I really should.  Eventually, we all settle down, every dog finds a comfy spot, and I am able to drown them out.  I still have to constantly type around a head or dog butt, and even at the moment I have my left elbow on Talon's back, and there is a little, fluffy, white paw helping to keep my right hand steady.


On Friday, Lily and Loki both wedged themselves on either side of my laptop desk, and seemed perfectly comfortable.  I hope they're contemplating that Plato book that my students are reading--someone's got to!

2 comments: