Friday, September 17, 2010

A Sign of Seasons to Come

This morning at 5:45 when I had to get up and walk Gunnar I was so cold that I contemplated just putting my bra over my pajama shirt and then putting clothes over that.  Not knowing whether that would be enough support to get jostled down the road by that big animal I decided against it, but you know we are headed towards winter if you don't want the air to touch your skin even for the length of time it takes to put on different clothes! Give me a break--it was 44 degrees!



On a completely, completely different note, last night Bill and I realized we were officially back home when we were at my nephew's football game (junior high aged kids) and one little brat got hurt on the field.  Across the field comes a tiny van and a beep beep horn.  Out pops --I shit you not-- two guys in shorts with sleeves rolled up, covered with dirt and what I do believe is a bit of manure.  These two farmers, who do double duty as First Responders, were in the middle of their barn chores when they got the call about a "man down" on the local school football field! It wasn't until I saw all of this dirt and grime on them AND the fact that they had on latex medical gloves too (you know, to keep the germs away), that I totally peed myself.

1 comment:

  1. Still having 100 degree days here - I'll take the oven over the icebox anyday! Brrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete