Sunday, September 19, 2010

Farmer Kimi


Real honest to God poop on my jeans from trying to milk a goat!

Bill and I ended up at Farmer Ron's (my dad's) house for a blueberry waffle breakfast that he made for us and a tour around the farm, which included me trying to milk a goat.  What a great experience; boy do I suck at it. I squirted myself with milk several times and got poop on this knee, but it was so fun.  The goat was the mama that had the two twins Seneca and I named "Seneca" and "Kimi" in May--original names, eh?  Here they are feeling frisky, all 58 pounds each.  Oh, I know that because Farmer Ron handed me "Seneca" over the fence so we could weigh her! Heavy girl.



I suppose you want to see me milking that goat, huh?  Here I am with Farmer Ron helping to keep the bucket upright and the goat from kicking me for being such an amateur at it.

4 comments:

  1. Uh-oh, stained jeans? Is this going to be like the pizza grease fiasco?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, you people never forget out there! Let's hope the poop comes out as easily as the pizza grease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live on a farm and you're worried about a little poop? Gees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I do live on a farm, but the only animals here so far are four Chihuahuas and a Husky mix. That is the kind of poop I wade through every day. The photos above were taken at my dad's hobby farm. He's got the real deal. Your kids would love this place if we could ever all get free time!

    ReplyDelete