Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chocolate Cheese Fudge and Marriage Counseling

I kid you not, there is such a thing as chocolate cheese fudge. Do you know where it comes from? Yup. Right here--Wisconsin; as if that was going to be a hard guess! I've seen this stuff in the local grocery store for months now and was a little scared to purchase it. I'm not a big chocolate fan, but Mr. H is. We are both HUGE cheese fans--but as per usual, we differ on type--so I brought it home for him to try. He said it tastes almost the same as his cream cheese fudge. I asked him if he knew that there was a big difference between cream cheese and processed cheddar cheese (which the chocolate cheese fudge is lovingly made with), and I think he said "yes."

I'm not going to lie to you: this is the stuff marriages crumble over...oooh crumble....feta crumbles would be great on an omelette right now. Man am I hungry.

If my husband doesn't get his cheeses straight--as important as dog breeds, cattle breeds and gun classifications--we are going to need a whole lot of counseling!



Incidentally, for all of you cheese conoisseurs out there, this goat milk Cardona that I have in the photo--you know, for ambience and aesthetics--is out of this world. Walking Gunnar four miles a day is not going to be enough to keep me from busting out of my overalls. Oy! I'm in the grips of a cheese addiction like none other. This is what happens when you move away and come back! The body becomes deconditioned to substances such as pure, unadulterated cheese.

On a more serious note, I'm getting allergy tested next Friday and I'm almost tempted to have the doctor skip over dairy because I'd just go insane without it. That may defeat the purpose of a complete allergy screening. I can just see it now: "Um, ma'am, we've never seen anyone react so violently to our cheese allergen sample before. We're going to have to admit you to the hospital for detoxification." !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey, cuz, I wanted to let you know that I have 2 Choffy giveaways going on right now...check out my blog! www.iheartbrewedchocolate.blogspot.com
    loveya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a matter of marital counseling but one of remedial training. Just send him to summer cheese school.

    ReplyDelete