Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Early Bird Does Get The Worm

On our evening walk tonight Gunnar stopped abruptly, as we were headed towards our neighbor's creek, and lunged. There's a surprise, seriously. When doesn't the white Husky lunge? I can tell when it's an "And They're Off!" lunge as opposed to a "Hey, I recognize that person," lunge.  This was a "Squirrel!" kind of a lurch forward.

I squinted to try and zero in--quickly--on what I was about to get dragged towards. I saw something squirrel-sized, but peered through my glasses and discovered that it was a robin. A robin already mid-March! Spring is here--almost.



Gunnar and I both stood transfixed for quite a while watching this cute little robin: she was pulling a huge nightcrawler out of the ground. It was the neatest thing to watch. While I was drooling over that fat nightcrawler, wishing I could go fishing, Gunnar was wishing he could stuff all of those feathers into his mouth!

3 comments: