Sunday, March 13, 2011

Statistics

Update as of March 12, 2011:

Mice: 3

(We added to the mice category again--since there are no cats around, I turned the mouser loose in the barn this evening. Grabbed that fat mouse in under 20 seconds! Disclaimer: I don't advocate the eating of raw, wild animals in domestic ones that I kiss on the lips, but the mouse wouldn't jump onto a trap)!

Moles: 1
Snakes: 1
Wooly Caterpillars: 2

This is only the body count that I have witnessed. Who knows what that dog does when I'm not looking? This morning I backed the truck out of the garage to find him watching eight stupid deer that were crossing right in front of his outdoor kennel. How I wished he was still napping in the barn, as I really think Gunnar could fly over the six-foot cage to run with the woodland creatures.

Some days I get the feeling that he knows someone comes out every morning around 5am to walk him: I think he breaks loose and goes prowling at night, only to return before "curfew." I should set up a "Gunnar Cam." Stay tuned.



I worry that Gunnar's Arizona cousin (not by blood), Rescue, will send him a YouTube video on how to climb fences--Rescue clearly has practice:


No comments:

Post a Comment