Saturday, October 23, 2010

Beware the Cuteness!

Everyone thirty years of age and older should remember the 1980's movie classic, "Gremlins." (Sorry Mitcher--guess you'll have to look it up on the internet, youngblood). Girls all fell in love with the fluffy little big-eared mogwai named Gizmo, and boys all thought the gremlins that mogwais turned into, were cool. And, what's pathetic is even after all this time, I didn't have to look up how to spell "mogwai!" 

The mogwai, Gizmo, courtesy of http://www.free-wallpaper-download.com/


The mogwais turn into gremlins if they get wet, or are fed
 after midnight. Photo courtesy of www.gonewiththetwins.com
 I think this occured to me now because it is close to Halloween and frankly, back in 1984 when I saw this movie, I thought it was a bit scary.  (I've always been sensitive: to this day I can't watch the Wizard of Oz. Oh, the horror!).

 Watching "Gremlins" is when I irreversibly became ingrained and genetically programmed to love Chihuahuas, tiny, big-eared, fuzzy creatures, much to my downfall...I have examples.

This mogwai looks very amicable and sweet:


However, get him wet--and then blow dry him--and this is what you will face. Be afraid:

Very sinister. Look at the pure evil (and cuteness!) in those eyes...These little mogwai come in all different colors so don't be fooled--they all won't be two-toned, or solid. Some will even have brindle fur: those are the ones that are extremely dangerous, such as this one. She devoured this corn with only two teeth!!

Now that is scary!

Finally, some of these creatures look sweet, even when they are being devilish and that is how they suck you in! Examples below--see the progression escalate!

Sweet and cute.

Still very well behaved...then midnight rolls around....
Beware the glowing eyes...someone is about to lose their pizza!




No comments:

Post a Comment