Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Neighbor, Misty The Mini

Oh yeah, after we left Georgia's jewelry studio, Bill and I went looking for the little miniature horse.  If there's a miniature animal in that close a proximity to me, I will seek it out. It's an addiction: I can't help myself! We finally turned down the right road and pulled into a big farm that had horses.  The owners were outside on their back patio, which I could see from the road, so even if this isn't where the mini resided I could ask them-- and let's face it, they would probably know who I was talking about and give us directions! Which they did.

We drove a little further and saw a tiny barn and the accurately described vehicle that meant Nancy was indeed visiting her horses.  Can you imagine being alone in the country when two trucks pull up alongside your driveway (with nearest neighbor one mile away)?

We park on the road so that hopefully Nancy will see us walk down the long path and not be alarmed.  Bill and I get halfway down the lane and the lady comes around the barn.  "Nancy?" I ask. "Yup."  I explain that we were at Georgia's and she said there was a little mini horse here that we could get a look at.

Nancy is friendly enough, especially since she doesn't know who Georgia is! Oh geez.  She lets us come into the fenced pasture and inside the barn where Fudge (a Morgan), Prince (a Palomino), and Misty (the mini Pinto) are eating dinner. We get to pet all of the horses and Nancy tears Misty away from her hay--which is a hard feat since Misty is a chubby little, food-motivated sort of gal.  Misty is harnessed up and I get to hold onto her lead rope and pet her while she attacks the grass out in the pasture.  She barely looks up for a photo opportunity; it's just not as important to her as it is to me. I ask Nancy a dozen questions about Misty and the other horses and she happily explains her little horse operation.  We thank her for her time and then find our way back home where our mini's (the four chihuahuas), and the draft horse (Gunnar), are anxiously waiting for their dinner.


Asking lots of questions while Misty eats another dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment