Saturday, October 9, 2010

A-Maze-ing

This morning I left the house to go on a few simple errands.  It shouldn't have taken me more than two hours total.  Needing to get back home to grade several student papers, I knew time was of the essence.  However, it is October in Wisconsin, beautiful, sunny, and 80 degrees outside. Not only did I get distracted "window shopping" for shoes at the biggest and best boot and shoe store this side of the Mason-Dixon line, but I got "hung up" at the darn petting zoo that is 10 miles from my house. I can't help it! The animals are so cute and now they have two little buffalo! Surely that exempts me from my responsibilities.

Little White Deer

Goats-my favorite!


Buffalo-very warm buffalo
They also have pumpkins, produce for purchase, and brats and hot dogs grilling in the back of the store: it's heaven!! There are also wagon rides, a corn maze, and a bounce house for the kids--there were children everywhere. Even though I knew that, it was still a fun place to go and look around.

This is their huge corn maze:


Apparently, the Search and Rescue helicopter has had to find one too many of us in this labyrinth, so the Peck's Market helpers herded me over to my own, private, corn maze:

I made it out of the maze in record time!

No comments:

Post a Comment