Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chilly--And Not In A Cool Way


(She is pissed!)

If you look above Wanda the Weathergirl's head, you'll see a couple of "swear words."  Okay, they're not swear word symbols really, but don't you think they should be? If the temperature is that cold, my digital thermometer is trying to express to me that if I do dare go outside, I should definitely wear that scarf!! And she's being very forceful about it!

Even the inside of the house is cold: 71 degrees!! Yikes! I'd better get out to Old Man Taylor and throw some wood in.

So, out into the mists of "Bluebird Hollow" I go--that's a mix of the names of the two roads that encompass our little neighborhood.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't turned our heat on yet. Sure, we have frost on the grass, but I've learned a couple of tricks.

    First, we leave the hot bath water in the tub until it's cold. You'd be amazed at how much heat you can get out of a tub of water.

    Second, I spent a couple of bucks on parts and now our clothes dryer vents inside (with extra filters). I can change this to vent outside as needed. Surprise, we no longer need humidifiers running non-stop all winter, either.

    Third, I bake a lot more. I pretty much give up baking during the summer - why fight the A.C.? But during the winter it's time for pies and biscuits and roasts and bread and hot chocolate! OK, we don't bake our hot chocolate, but so long as I'm using the oven...

    Lastly - we open all our southern facing blinds on sunny days. Not only does this give our southern neighbors a thrill, I'm amazed at how much heat the summer sun carries - when it's not cloudy, anyway.

    And, of course, we dress warmly and do other heat-producing activities as the mood strikes us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 71! You're making progress! By February you'll have the thermostat set to 68. I'm impressed!

    Here I thought I left that all behind, but it has been under 30 here in the desert as well.

    Looking forward to your visit!

    ReplyDelete