Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hello Grandma!


I got a call today at 5:45am. It was my dad, Farmer Ron. He says, "Hello Grandma!" Luckily his tone was very light and happy--so I knew that my own grandmother was safe and sound. Whew. It was extremely early in the morning though and I had just come in from doing my barn chores, still a novice. I was also getting in gear for a full day of teaching, and that was on my mind, so when Farmer Ron said that I was a grandma I had no idea what he was talking about. Basically, Kimi-goat, one of the twins born in May when my best friend Seneca and I were up here on vacation, had a pair of twin kids: a boy (Jack) and a girl (Jill). Seneca-goat is due any day now--any hour now.  The other two ladies in their pen, Sen and Kimi-goat's mom AND their "spinster Aunt" are both due in a matter of weeks. **You will probably want to tune out of this blog during the spring months, as that is when all of the little barnyard animals have babies. I took 100 pictures today and we were only there an hour!

1 comment: