Sunday, April 24, 2011

Proof of Life and Clean Feet

This post is for my Aunt--again, who shall remain nameless, to protect the..er..innocent. It's for my Aunt who has two Miniature horses on our property: the two I am pretending to be a farmer with. She is obviously missing them and wants to know that they're okay. I would be the exact same way--and probably way more neurotic. Then again, I think I inherited it from her!

The two horses are wonderful: Shaq is always sweet and willing to let me kiss him; Assel is always ready to eat and quite impatient about letting you know that fact. However, he is as cute as Shaq. It's pretty near impossible to have a favorite out there.

The pics below are of me doing their weekly hoof care, picking a little dirt out of the bottoms of their hooves. Doesn't it look like I know what I'm doing? Would you ever have guessed that I'm deathly afraid of full-sized horses?


It's time to clean hooves and brush the boys. They are
starting to shed their winter fur.

Assel! Give me your foot.


Bea is in the background: she got her hoofs trimmed too:
Mr. H has to help me with that one. I can't hold a squirming goat by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment