Saturday, April 9, 2011

Up And At 'Em

I wish I had time to write more, but at the moment I am required to show up in the horse pasture to build a goat pen. Why? Because if that crazy goat tries to trip one of my Minis (Tonda's Minis) with her cable tie out (30-foot leash), my heart won't be able to take it. I found myself in a predicament this morning where I couldn't get Assel to come to me so I could get the cable out from under him and I couldn't get Beatrice the Amish goat to cooperate and let me get some slack in the cable. Bea, I'm sorry to have to inform you that I will snap your little neck if I have to, to save Aunt Tonda's horses. Tonda kicks a lot harder than you ever could--I ain't afraid of you!

The Shaq Attack. Shaq is a beautiful little horse

Assel on the mend from a dangerous bout of colic. Poop Assel, Poop!

Beatrice the Amish Goat: she no longer practices "Amish-ism,"
but we still call her the "Amish" goat because that is how she
began life--at a very lovely Amish farm, friends of my dad Farmer Ron

3 comments:

  1. Goats make fine kebabs. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...my favorite way is grilled goat ribs full of BBQ sauce. BUT Beatrice is not going to meet that end. She is the resident goat at Homer Hollow: she gets a free pass, in other words.

    ReplyDelete